[pydotorg-www] Proposed edit to wiki.python.org beginner's guide

Elise Breda elise at yhathq.com
Tue Aug 23 13:01:17 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Elise & Greg from Yhat here. We'd love to add our IDE, Rodeo, to the list
of available resources on the beginner's guide of the wiki.

If that seems appropriate please add my username to the EditorsGroup.

Cheers,
Elise

*Username*
EliseBreda

*Page*
https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide

*Proposed Edit*
Next, install the Python interpreter on your computer. This is the program
that reads Python programs and carries out their instructions; you need it
before you can do any Python programming. Mac OSX distributions from 10.3
(Panther) and up, include a version of Python, which, although it can be as
much as two years out of date, may be suitable for beginning. Linux
distributions also frequently include Python and it is readily upgraded.
Jetbrain has a software called Pycharm and you can download it for free.
See Pycharm download--  Yhat provides software for doing data science in
Python called Rodeo that you can also download for free. See Rodeo download
--

*Elise Breda*
Yhat, Inc.
elise at yhathq.com