[pydotorg-www] I'm a new user, trying to edit a page that was victim of spam/vandalism

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jan 6 04:37:50 EST 2016

On 06.01.2016 09:07, John White wrote:
> [This
> page](https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSoftwareFoundationLicenseFaq#Contributing_Code_to_Python)
>  contains a link to "Free Academic Licenses". Unfortunately that link
> leads to a terrible and irrelevant blog (which i believe tries to intentionally mimic
> some data from the intended website).
>
> You probably intended to use
> something like http://opensource.org. Make sure you insert the correct license number though; i couldn't find 2.1.

Thanks for the note.

The AFL link did go to a copy of the original opensource.org
page about the AFL 2.1 which had been removed a couple of years ago.

It seems the same has happened to the blog post now and this
redirects to the blog home page.

I've replaced the link with the one we're using on the contrib
forms:

http://www.samurajdata.se/opensource/mirror/licenses/afl-2.1.php

I've also created local copies of the AFL-2.1 and Apache-2.0
licenses so that we have known good copies:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSoftwareFoundationLicenseFaq/AFL-2.1
https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSoftwareFoundationLicenseFaq/Apache-License-2.0

Cheers,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Jan 06 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/