[pydotorg-www] Pypi support is dead

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jan 18 17:12:32 EST 2016

On 18.01.2016 22:52, Cal Leeming wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’ve tried multiple different channels to get in touch with someone in Pypi support, and for almost a month I have had no response from any of them.
>
> This includes raising an issue in SourceForge, as per the Pypi home page, and directly emailing the admins shown on the SourceForge list.
>
> I can see there are hundreds of other unanswered support tickets, ranging from loss of account access to technical problems.
>
> In my situation, I have lost access to an account and seem unable to recover it due to an email address that is no longer active.
>
> 1) Can someone please tell me where I should send my Pypi request to?
> 2) Are there any plans to improve the support situation of Pypi?
> 3) I’m willing to step up as a volunteer to assist with Pypi support, where should I send this to?

The Python package index development has moved here:

https://github.com/pypa

with warehouse being the next gen version of PyPI, currently under
development. Also see https://wiki.python.org/moin/CheeseShopDev

The existing version is hosted here:

https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi/overview

The SF links should probably be removed from pypi.python.org.
Perhaps you could file a bug report on the bitbucket tracker:

https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi/issues

Hope that helps,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Jan 18 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/