[pydotorg-www] Explaining python.org site for new contributors

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 01:39:05 EDT 2016

It looks strange to me how awarded people in Python community
treat external contributions as a waste of time. Or maybe it is only
my personal experience? Anyway..

https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/pull/912/commits/490b24d855704ca481cda3ed5dd49aeda5d4997e

Does everybody share the opinion that README.md of python.org
should not explain site codebase and that people should discover
the stuff all on themselves after reading through the whole Django
tutorial?
https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/pull/912#issuecomment-200313543

I can not comment on PR, because it looks like comments are
disabled for it, so I am asking here. The reasons why I started this
is that over the last year there is no interest in developing that site
from community.
--
anatoly t.