[pydotorg-www] help: cannot login to my wiki.python.org account

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sun May 8 05:48:39 EDT 2016

On 08.05.2016 00:11, Trey Hunner wrote:
> I have been trying to login to my wiki.python.org account and I am unable
> to do so.
>
> I am trying to login to update my bio and goals on the Board Candidates
> 2016 page.
>
> I believe my username is *TreyHunner* and my email is
> *trey at truthful.technology*.
>
> I have my password saved in a password manager but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> I tried recovering my password but I haven't received any email.
>
> I am not sure whether this is related to my issue, but I keep experiencing
> extremely long page loads and 504 Gateway Timeout errors.

The wiki sometimes gets very slow when it comes to applying
modifications. This is most likely due to the huge number
of registered users.

Since it is running behind a load balancer, the load balancer
then times out and gives you the 503.

I've now restarted Apache on the VM. Please check whether things
get better now.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, May 08 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/