[pydotorg-www] Would like to edit wiki pages

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Nov 4 17:35:58 EDT 2016

Hi Jan,

The friendly folk at pydotorg-www will doubtless have you editing in no
time (that is properly their domain). So I just thought that I would chime
in on behalf of webmaster@ to say welcome and thank you for taking the time
to reach out and help.

As a former chairman of the PSF I know how little the Foundation would be
able to do without the services of thousands of willing volunteers across
the world, a community you now join. Though large (the community, not me),
I am happy to say it remains a community in which each individual can make
a difference.

In case you would like to be in touch with some of the people who will read
what you write (and they, after all, would be a better judge of what is
needed than anyone else) you might like to reach out to the
python-community list. It is very sporadic and has been quiet lately, but I
imagine a discussion about What People Want to Read might be fruitful. Just
a thought. https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/psf-community - and by
all means feel free to start roping other people in (carefully)!

Another of my interests in journalism, and I understand what a huge
difference it could make if Python had a willing band of popularisers.
There is a thirst for knowledge about the language that sometimes seems
insatiable.

My own community efforts have perforce been limited recently due to my
elevation to the exalted status of CTO, but I still like to remind everyone
I'm still here now and then ;-). Once again, thanks, and welcome to the
Python community.

regards
 Steve

PS: I notice that the Python Community page makes no mention of the
python-community list. https://www.python.org/community/ - it may be an
invite-only list, which might require you to become a PSF member (it's free
and carries no obligations).

Steve Holden