[pydotorg-www] Editing Permission for Pages Related to Spyder Python IDE

C.A.M. Gerlach widenetservices at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 00:39:39 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm C.A.M. Gerlach <https://github.com/CAM-Gerlach>, a member of the Spyder
IDE <https://www.spyder-ide.org/> core dev team, an IDE written in Python,
for Python, aimed at creating a MATLAB/Rstudio-like environment for data
scientists. I created the new user account CAMGerlach
<https://wiki.python.org/moin/CAMGerlach>, linked to my
WIDEnetServices at gmail.com email, and was hoping to be granted edit
permissions to update a number of out of date descriptions and links
related to the IDE.

I would edit the the out of date Spyder entries (link and description to
reflect Spyder's current distribution and capabilities) on the following
pages:

• Integrated Development Environments
<https://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments>
• Python Editors <https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors>
• Python Distributions
<https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonDistributions?highlight=%28Spyder%29>
• PyQt - Some Existing Applications
<https://wiki.python.org/moin/PyQt/SomeExistingApplications>
• Beginner's Guide: Mathematics
<https://wiki.python.org/moin/PyQt/SomeExistingApplications>
<https://wiki.python.org/moin/PyQt/SomeExistingApplications>

Also, I would consider adding an entry for Spyder under the Science and
Education Applications heading on the Applications
<https://wiki.python.org/moin/PyQt/SomeExistingApplications> page, as it is
as much a scientific and engineering tool as a software development one
(and the majority of its users are the former), and it is frequently used
in education to teach data science and statistics.

Thanks for considering this request, and let me know if you have further
questions, concerns, or other feedback.

Best,
*C.A.M. Gerlach*