[pydotorg-www] Why Sports 2018 Delivering Positive Outcomes

Why Sports 2018 ws2018 at whysports-events.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 04:43:15 EDT 2018

WHY SPORTS 2018

DELIVERING POSITIVE OUTCOMES

2nd OCTOBER 2018

ROYAL SOCIETY OF MEDICINE, LONDON

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

[7]

[8]

[9]CONFIRMED SPEAKERS

Paul Oldfield

Director for Commonwealth Games, Sport & Gambling

DCMS

Lisa O'Keefe

Director of Insight

Sport England

Elaine McNish

Head of Health & Well being

Swim England

David Beardmore

Commercial Director

Open Data Institute

[10]

[11]HEADLINE SPONSOR

Motiview is a motivational aid that stimulates seniors and people with
dementia to increased physical activity. Using moving images and sounds,
users can embark on cycle trips in familiar surroundings or childhood
memories.

Significant health benefits for users of Motiview are;
* Better mobility and reduction in fall rate
* Faster rehabilitation following injury
* Increased appetite while decreasing excess weight
* Significant reduction in aggressive behaviour/anger
* Reduction in use of psycho-pharmaceuticals
* Better sleep
* Less pain
* Better quality of life
* Inspiration for staff and relatives
* Daily recreation; promotes memory recall and sense of accomplishment

[12]

[13]CASE STUDY PRESENTATION

One of our key objectives is to promote awareness of disability through
sport and recreation and particularly integration of disabled and able
bodied people.

A vital element of life at SportsAble is about having fun – fun through our
fundraising events, such as our Annual Wheelchair Push, and fun through a
whole calendar of sport and social activities such as Quiz Nights, Open Mic
Nights, Have a Go Fun Sports Nights and more.

The SportsAble case study will include information regards;
* exclusive disability sports provision as a crucial step
towards inclusivity.
* The journey and the role exclusive sports provision can play in guiding
individuals back to a full and rewarding, fully integrated life.

Presentation will be delivered by Kerl Haslam, CEO SportsAble

[14]CLICK FOR CONFERENCE AGENDA

Since 2015 DCMS, Sport England, Public Health England, Street Games, CSP
Network and many more have partnered with Why Sports to produce our Why
Sports annual conference. Our conference has served as a platform for
exchanging ideas, informing strategies and advancing agendas that promote
better health through activity.

This year, Why Sports 2018 will be held at The Royal Society of Medicine,
London. An opportunity to explore how policy makers, public health
professionals, directors, community leaders, funders and entrepreneurs can
work hand in hand to re-imagine our movement goals.

Through a full day of interactive presentations, dynamic speakers and
engaging networking, delegates will benefit from;
* Sporting Future and Towards an Active Nation policy updates
* Evidence based strategies that support mental and physical health
outcomes
* Data - Does anyone really know what's best?
* Physical activity based strategies that shape our communities
* Interactive Workshops from a range of motivated partners
* Pre arranged networking opportunities
* The art of engagement

[15]WORKSHOP PRESENTATIONS

[16]

[17]

[18]

[19]

[20]

[21]

[22]REGISTER INTEREST / BUY TICKETS

DELEGATE TICKET PRICES

Public Sector £295

3rd Sector £225

Private Sector £395

Discounts available for multiple bookings

For more information call +44(0)161 246 6788

Our partners have an extensive knowledge and an understanding of the short
and long term challenges facing the sector. All will be on hand with fresh
ideas, professionalism and a steely determination to make an impact.

[23]

[24]

[25]

[26]

[27]

[28]

[29]

[30]

[31]TAKE ME TO THE WEBSITE

F I N D O U T M O R E

Follow us on social media for more info & updates
[32]Twitter [33]LinkedIn [34]YouTube

[35]