[pydotorg-www] Request to edit wiki page

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Sep 21 11:27:01 EDT 2018

On 21.09.2018 17:18, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> On 09/21/2018 08:20 AM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

>>> yes, when I go look that page is marked differently:
>>>
>>> #acl TrustedEditorsGroup:read,write,delete,revert All:read
>>>
>>> I, at least don't know why that is, but since that is not a common
>>> setting, I presume there's a reason.  If someone else does not pop up
>>> with comments, one of us can stuff your changes in there.
>> I suppose this was added due to spamming in the past. With the
>> approach we're using now, this is no longer needed. You can
>> remove it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Gah, this area is a bit confused.
>
> So we have a page FreeHosts, a page NonCommercialHosting, a page
> OtherCommercialHosts, and a page SpecializedCommercialHosts. All of them
> end with a reference to PythonHosting, a page which does not exist.
>
> As a bit of cleanup I'd like at least to remove the link to
> PythonHosting, unless that's something we should resurrect from whatever
> dumpster it went into, and add an introductory line to those of the four
> that don't have one giving the definition of the category (specialized
> and non-commercial have one, free and other-commercial don't).
>
> Or... we could do something different....  anyone else who wants to dive
> in, please do.

It's well possible that this page was lost in the wiki attack
some years ago (it redirects to PythonHosting).

This is the last version I could find on archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130809232216/http://wiki.python.org:80/moin/PythonHosting

Perhaps you could revive it ?!

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/