[pydotorg-www] Pakt Publishing using wiki for SEO

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 05:58:44 EST 2019

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 9:50 PM Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> I'd agree this is abuse. We should revert the content to include the deleted links, and stop these automated updates.

This has been an ongoing point of discussion with Packt Publishing and
the wiki (search the list archives for the full details). A while ago,
a hint was dropped that Packt should perhaps consider becoming a
sponsor, rather than continuing to add more and more free listings for
their myriad books. It may be worth revisiting that point.

ChrisA