[pydotorg-www] website: something is weird

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sun Jun 2 18:51:02 EDT 2019

I look at the downloads page a lot as one of the volunteers on the
"webmaster" alias people ask questions about downloads all the time
(yes, we have an auto-response that points to more official resources,
but we try to be nice as well :)

Just now, something has gone strange.  I get a garbled page which is
headed by this:

Notice: While Javascript is not essential for this website, your
interaction with the content will be limited. Please turn Javascript on
for the full experience.

Javascript is certainly not disabled in my browser, lots of other
javascripty things are working fine (Firefox dropped the UI to even
disable it many releases ago, though it's still possible if you follow
instructions off the internet).

I'm assuming something else that is blocked here is causing a problem -
or - heaven forfend, just some kind of bug...

Anybody else see this?  Any ideas?

actually, I just went somewhere else on the website by opening a saved
tab, and see the same:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0287/

so I amended the subject line before sending this....