[pydotorg-www] wiki: WebFrameworks

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Oct 30 10:21:13 EDT 2019

This page is a little funky:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

It's divided into multiple sections:

Popular Full-Stack
Other Full-Stack
Popular Non Full-Stack
Other Non Full-Stack
Discontinued/Inactive

the first section is a table
the second section starts as a table, then has more entries as a list
the rest are lists

(btw in the first section one entry tries (apparently) to implement a
list in one of the table cells, but that doesn't work in moin unless you
load an add-on macro which we don't, apparently, have - see
https://moinmo.in/MacroMarket/MiniPage - and that needs special syntax
anyway)

Is this inconsistent appearance intentional, or is just the result of
organic growth over time?  Who decides "popular" vs "other"? (hard to
disagree with the three in Popular Full-Stack!). Is there any real value
to keeping the discontinued ones?

I find the page too busy to be very useful, in common with a few others
where too many entries is as unfortunate as too few, but I'm not finding
myself motivated to spend tons of time cleaning it up; Web Frameworks
aren't my space anyway. Would splitting it into two pages, like we do
with Python Editors vs IDEs, be worthwhile? I ended up taking a look
because someone (without the inclination to do edits themselves, sigh)
emailed webmaster to suggest that Masonite needed a link on the website,
and I suggested we could start with the Wiki...

-- mats