[pydotorg-www] [Webmaster] Telkom University Join to be public mirror

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Jan 17 07:24:38 EST 2020

Hi Hanang,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The PSF no longer publishes any information about public mirroring sites:
there were many administrative issues and we felt they tended to divert
traffic away from python.org and towards other sites of unknown quality.
For these reasons the PSF has invested significantly in its Internet
presence in recent years. Our third-party content delivery network is
intended to provide low latency to all locations, so I am a little
surprised to learn that local mirroring would seem attractive.

Many sites have established local caching of the PyPI site, and this is a
perfectly acceptable use of the data. Again, we would not expect to
advertise the presence of such sites as public resources.

If you feel that the performance of python.org resources is insufficient in
your area I can certainly put you in touch with operations staff to address
the issues you are experiencing. I have copied them on this email for
information.

Kind regards,
Steve