[pydotorg-www] some requests for a meeting minuting feature on www.python.org

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jun 12 13:22:03 EDT 2020

On 12.06.2020 18:30, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
> I spoke with Ernest a few weeks ago about how www.python.org could
> become a better home for public minutes of meetings. So here is my
> current thinking - this is long, but I want to share it in public in
> case it helps others understand the work.

You may have noticed: the python.org website has a completely
non-working CMS. If you want to achieve collaboration, I'd strongly
suggest looking for something different (e.g. the NextCloud/OnlyOffice
idea you're floating) and focus on that.

The documents would then appear under a subdomain, but at least
there'd be proper control over who gets to edit what and, what's
really more important, enables other people than the handful with
python.org editing rights to submit content in a user friendly
way.

BTW: I may sound a bit negative on all this. That's because I
had been fighting to make python.org more user (= people providing
and maintaining content) friendly for several years without
success. If you have more luck: more power to you :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Jun 12 2020)

               https://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                     https://www.malemburg.com/