[pydotorg-www] Bogus wiki.python.org attachment on BeginnersGuide

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri Mar 20 13:35:31 EDT 2020

On 3/20/20 11:17 AM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> I no longer have access to my old wiki.python.org account but got a
> bounce message (via postmaster) today which related to an attachment
> added to the BeginnersGuide page:
>
> https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide
>
> The page history shows a deletion and addition of the attachment in
> quick succession. I don't know if the old one was bogus, but the new
> one certainly seems to be. It's a JPEG with a .pdf extension. Someone
> probably should check it out and perhaps restore the old attachment or
> remove it altogether.
>
> Skip

something's going on - these edits are credited to "111" which is not an
editor in the editors list.

yesterday I got notification of another change made by "48" (actually
these numbers were part of IP addresses, why aren't they coming in under
a username) - that one left the page in a conflicted state.

It looks like someone might be trying out a breakin?