[pydotorg-www] Help

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue May 12 17:53:33 EDT 2020

On 5/12/20 1:54 PM, Haleigh Japp wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I just installed Python 3.7.5 onto my PC and I keep getting an ‘encoding
> module not found’ error. I put the Python.exe location onto my path but
> the error keeps happening. I uninstalled Python then re-installed it,
> but the same error still happens every time. What should I do?

bugs.python.org has several mentioned of this, the one I looked at seems
to conclude it's a problem with an environment variable (PYTHONHOME).

Take a look here and see if anything from this helps, if not, search for
other issues with the same problem...

https://bugs.python.org/issue27054

Despite some of the comments, it should *not* be necessary to install
with elevated privilege ("as administrator"), the installer is designed
not to need that unless you want to install "system wide", which is
usually not necessary on a personal computer.

This list would not be the preferred location to follow up... maybe the
main Python list?