[pydotorg-www] Conversion to emeritus status

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri May 29 05:35:42 EDT 2020

Hi Ewa, Betsy, webmasters and pydotorgers,

With my 70th birthday coming up, even though I continue to work happily
it's definitely time to wind some activities down. As you know I've been
planning to do this for some time, so I'm sure this request to convert to
emeritus status will come as no surprise.

The only regular duty I have been performing for the Foundation of late is
that of webmaster, and with this email I am also withdrawing from that
duty. I will remain as a list administrator until someone else steps up, a
I believe I am the only currently active admin for the list.

I became a member of the Foundation on Guido's nomination at the General
Meeting immediately after the first PyCon in 2003. In an interview shortly
before that Guido had told me that he felt the PSF needed "adult
supervision." Looking at what the Foundation has become I am sure he no
longer feels the same insecurity.

My best wishes to all those who remain and continue to enrich the Python
community in so many diverse ways. It's now time for me to build the
man-cave I've been planning and get on with some hobby interests.

Best wishes,
Steve