[pydotorg-www] Adding CockroachDB info to Python Wiki

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Sep 10 10:34:25 EDT 2020

On 9/9/20 9:40 AM, Charlotte Dillon via pydotorg-www wrote:
> Hi, Maintainers!
>
> I'm Charlotte, [CharlotteDillon] to be specific, and I'm on the team at
> Cockroach Labs.
>
> I'm reaching out about writing a page on the Python Wiki about building
> on CockroachDB (akin to this MySQL page
> <https://wiki.python.org/moin/MySQL>). If our docs team were to draw
> something up, are you the folks to be in touch with? We don't want to be
> spammy on your site, just want to get our name and information out there.
>
> Let me know, and thanks for the work you do!

The wiki is for "user contributions" so it's fine to contribute how
Python can be used to work with CockroachDB - we'll set you up as an
editor when you're ready.

I don't know that I personally think the first section of the mysql page
where it has pros/cons of mysql itself is particularly
relevant/appropriate to the Python wiki, and maybe we should remove that
bit.   That's just one opinion, we'll see if others express conflicting
ones. Pros/cons of different connectors in working with the db is a
different story.  Just as possible guidance what might/might not be in
scope for your notes...