[pydotorg-www] Adding CockroachDB info to Python Wiki

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Sep 10 12:12:14 EDT 2020

On 10.09.2020 16:34, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> On 9/9/20 9:40 AM, Charlotte Dillon via pydotorg-www wrote:
>> Hi, Maintainers!
>>
>> I'm Charlotte, [CharlotteDillon] to be specific, and I'm on the team at
>> Cockroach Labs.
>>
>> I'm reaching out about writing a page on the Python Wiki about building
>> on CockroachDB (akin to this MySQL page
>> <https://wiki.python.org/moin/MySQL>). If our docs team were to draw
>> something up, are you the folks to be in touch with? We don't want to be
>> spammy on your site, just want to get our name and information out there.
>>
>> Let me know, and thanks for the work you do!
>
> The wiki is for "user contributions" so it's fine to contribute how
> Python can be used to work with CockroachDB - we'll set you up as an
> editor when you're ready.
>
> I don't know that I personally think the first section of the mysql page
> where it has pros/cons of mysql itself is particularly
> relevant/appropriate to the Python wiki, and maybe we should remove that
> bit.   That's just one opinion, we'll see if others express conflicting
> ones. Pros/cons of different connectors in working with the db is a
> different story.  Just as possible guidance what might/might not be in
> scope for your notes...

We have those pros/cons for all databases listed in the wiki.
It's useful to have as a guideline for newbies when selecting
a database backend.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Sep 10 2020)

               https://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                     https://www.malemburg.com/