[pydotorg-www] Python Wiki Editing
raycxhuang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 01:32:43 EDT 2021
On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 at 15:10, Ray Huang <raycxhuang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Python Wiki Administrators,
> I have found an outdated link on a page
> <https://wiki.python.org/moin/StaticSiteGenerator> in the wiki. My
> account name is RayHuang.
> Thank you,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Static site generator is a software that takes some '''text + [[Templating|templates]]''' as input and produces '''html files''' on the output. A picture:
┌──────┐ ┌───────────┐ ┌─────────────┐ **
│ text │ + │ templates │ = │ .html files │
└──────┘ └───────────┘ └─────────────┘
Generated site can be [[http://www.jeffknupp.com/|blog]], [[http://osgameclones.com/|game list]], [[http://interactive.blockdiag.com/|interactive demo]] or anything else.
== Static site generators written in Python ==
* [[https://github.com/DenisSalem/VenC|VenC]] - Markdown/Yaml static blog generator with multiple columns layout support. Aim to be light and easy to use. License is GNU/GPLv3
* [[http://lucuma.github.io/Clay/|Clay]] - Jinja2 for easy site prototyping, MIT.
* [[http://complexity.rtfd.org/|Complexity]] - A refreshingly simple static site generator, for those who like to work in HTML.
* [[https://github.com/piranha/cyrax|Cyrax]] - poetic Jinja2 engine, used for [[http://osgameclones.com/|osgameclones]].
* [[https://github.com/aaronsw/html2text|html2text]] - useful tool to convert HTML into Markdown.
* [[http://hyde.github.com/|Hyde]] - [[Jinja2]]-based static web site generator, MIT, [[https://github.com/hyde/hyde|source]]
* [[http://mynt.uhnomoli.com/|Mynt]] - Static website generator based on Markdown and Jinja2. BSD-3.
* [[http://getnikola.com|Nikola]] - Generator supporting reST, Markdown, IPyNB et al.; using Mako and Jinja2 for templates; supports multilingual sites, galleries, RSS feeds, DISQUS et al. for comments. Incremental builds. MIT license.
* [[http://obraz.pirx.ru/|Obraz]] - Static blog-aware site generator mostly compatible with Jekyll, MIT
* [[https://bitbucket.org/obensonne/poole|Poole]] - static website generator, Markdown. GPL.
* [[https://github.com/getpelican/pelican/|Pelican]] - Uses Markdown or ReST for content and Jinja 2 for themes. Supports DVCS, Disqus. AGPL.
* [[http://www.owlfish.com/software/PubTal/|PubTal]] - [[Templating#SimpleTAL]]-based static site generator, BSD-3
* [[http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/rest2web/|rest2web]] - Generates Websites from ReST contents, BSD
* [[http://sphinx.pocoo.org/index.html|Sphinx]] - Python's official documentation system that turns ReST into HTML, LaTeX, man pages, plaintext, and has many features for making site trees, inter-linking, and other documentation necessities (Jinja2 as default template engine). BSD.
* [[https://github.com/Ceasar/staticjinja|staticninja]] - MIT, Jinja2, auto-compile. That simple.
* [[https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Tahchee/1.0.0|tahchee]] - [[Cheetah]]-based static web site generator
* [[https://github.com/vladris/tinkerer]] - blogging engine/static website generator powered by Sphinx with polite-correct license list.
* [[http://urubu.jandecaluwe.com/|Urubu]] - A micro CMS for static websites, with a focus on good navigation practices. AGPL.
These are outdated, but worth mentioning:
* [[http://www.nthwave.net/elements/]] - powerful tool for experienced web developers from the year 2002, requires at least Python 2.2
See also [[https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBlogSoftware#Static|static blog generators]].
== Dead links for software archaeologists ==
The following links have been moved from the section above for the reasons shown in in parentheses.
* [[http://www.blogofile.com/|Blogofile]] - (Mako, Jinja2)-based generator with supports for (reStructuredText, Markdown, Textile), Git, Disqus, RSS feeds, plugins, and S3, very nice license with human touch. (Site no longer responds).
* [[http://crotal.org/|Crotal]] - (Jinja2)-A static site generator written in Python, using Jinja2 template engine, BSD (No DNS records).
* [[http://wok.mythmon.com/|wok]] - MIT licensed, Jinja2, Markdown, reST, etc. (Site has no HTTPS support).
** ~-ASCII [[Diagrams|diagram]] was drawn with Far Manager -~
More information about the pydotorg-www