[Pygui] Native wrappers?

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen danchr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 23:36:22 CET 2009

On 15 Dec 2009, at 23:12, Greg Ewing wrote:

> Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen wrote:
>
>> Did you try to implement the functionality provided by it using a delegate?
>
> A delegate could probably be used for some of it, but
> not all -- e.g. I'm overriding sendEvent: in the application
> and doing some processing on all the events that pass through.
> Also I'm overriding all the mouse and keyboard event handlers
> on most widgets so that PyGUI code can intercept events.

Indeed, I realised later on that a delegate wouldn't suffice :)

I believe I'm progressing nicely on the ‘01-application’ test. I just got basic menus working, but I'm seeing a weird issue; for some reason ‘Open as…’ and ‘Save as…’ create a menu item per character in their name. I've attached a screen shot of it below. Do you have an suggest as to might is cause this? As far as I can tell, those are the actual items passed to the Menus module…

--

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen
danchr at gmail.com