[Pygui] List controls

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Nov 30 23:30:27 CET 2009

Vernon Cole wrote:

> I think that a listbox should work exactly like a text box for typed
> entry. If I want Wyoming, I type 'WY'. I only need to type enough
> characters to make a unique selection.  If I was born in 1950, I should
> be able to type '1' '9' '5' '0' rather than having to mouse-scroll half
> way down a 120 item list.

You may be stuck with whatever the platform provides,
at least to begin with. I prefer to wrap existing
platform functionality if available rather than
inventing something from scratch.

BTW, I don't see how this helps much if you don't know
whether Nevada is spelled "NV" or "Nev", although I
suppose having the list reduce to just the matching
items makes it easier to see what the possibilities
are.

--
Greg