[Pygui] Getting idle events, or periodic time from the event loop

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Feb 18 01:33:00 CET 2011

On 18/02/11 13:22, Casey Duncan wrote:

> What I'd like are either idle events, an idle callback hook, or a way
> to schedule some callable to be executed in the future (like pyglet's
> clock).

PyGUI has a Timer class that can be used to make things happen
at regular intervals.

That's a kludgy way of solving your problem, though. There really
needs to be a way to add a file descriptor as an event source for
the main event loop. I'll have to do some research to find out
how to accomplish this on each platform.

--
Greg