[Pygui] Cannot Exit Application Process

Mark Melvin mark.melvin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 23:43:30 CEST 2011

Hi There,

I just upgraded to the latest PyGUI and I find that when I run my
application now, I cannot exit it.  All of the system menus are disabled,
and if I click the Close button in the top right corner, the application
window closes, but the console stays there and Python will not exit unless I
kill the process.  I have narrowed this down to the way I import the main
Application class.  If you take the 01-application.py sample and change the
import line to the following:

from GUI.Applications import Application
from GUI.Windows import Window

Then run the sample, all menu items will be disabled and it will hang on
exit.  Is this import structure not allowed with the module loading changes?
 I was only doing it to make py2exe work.

(I am on Windows XP with Python 2.5)

Thanks,
Mark.