[Pygui] Which objects to use for layout?

Randy Syring rsyring at inteli-com.com
Fri Mar 25 14:29:42 CET 2011

I am just starting into PyGUI and desktop programming, I normally work
with python web applications.  I am trying to figure out how to layout
the application and what objects to use.  Basically, I need a window
with a "strip" on top for some buttons and other controls, a "content
area", and then a footer "strip" with more controls.  The content area
will have three columns and an indeterminate number of rows, each row
having a label, two text boxes, with a button in between the text
boxes.  The content area will also need to refresh every time I load a
new data object so that the text fields are updated with the object's data.

I know how to add the Labels, TextFields, Buttons etc.  But I am not
sure what containers to use for my header/footer and content areas.  Can
someone give me an idea of how best to layout something like this?

Thanks.

--
Randy Syring

For the wages of sin is death, but the