[PyLadies-BLR] Fwd: NVDA project- introduction

svaksha svaksha at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 19:53:20 CET 2014

FYI.
HTH, ॥ svaksha ॥ http://svaksha.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vardhan Varma <999 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: NVDA project- introduction

Hi,
  In our list, we have one project, which be a plugin, and so is
essentially a python hacker projects, and doesn
  not involve getting in the NVDA core.
   I've detailed this here:
http://code.google.com/p/saksham-projects/wiki/WIPContextHelp
   ( Manish: Please go thru this, and see if description makes sense.)

  This only requires python hacking, and a little bit of wxwindows.
While it will require some understanding of
how NVDA works ( keybindings, modules etc ), a group of python hackers
can certainly find that out
by reading the NVDA code. ( debugging of NVDA code is not possible, as
it freezes whole windows GUI ).

  Please see if there is a interest in developing this kind of plugin.
  People can first try to do simple plugin, and play with NVDA's
python console to get familiar.

 Also, I think you mentioned a similar comment you got from the NVDA
guys ( regarding developing a plugin ).
 In my opinion, developing plugin for NVDA can be a more satisfying
than developing for core, as the code
 can reach the users faster, and development and positive impact on
users can be much more.

Thanx
Vardhan