[PyOP] Spring Python Classes

Marilyn Davis marilyn at pythontrainer.com
Tue Apr 1 20:57:59 CEST 2014

Hello Python People,

Several new Python classes are starting for experienced programmers, and
for novices to programming, at UCSC-Extension Silicon Valley's labs in
Santa Clara, right across 101 from the Great America sign.

FOR EXPERIENCED PROGRAMMERS

Next Monday evening we begin the 9 week course for experienced
programmers, which gives students experience in all core concepts of
Python:

The Programmers' course is low-pressure, but fast-paced, where students
learn and practice core concepts and Pythonic thinking.  To join any of
these Python classes, you should be well-practiced at programming in some
other language.

No beginning programmers please, but you can certainly be new to Python.
If you are beginner, find your class below.

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=1531625&SectionID=5274428

ONLINE CLASS:

If you would prefer an online class, you will enjoy:

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=1531625&SectionID=5274068

The online site for this course is open now and new enrollments will be
accepted until April 8.

FOR NOVICES

For 6 Thursday evenings, starting April 17, we will hold the "Introduction
To Programming For Beginners, Using Python" class which prepares
programming novices to take the Python For Programmers' class:

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID=3576274&SectionID=5274427

If you have programming experience in any language skip the Beginners
class listed above and join a Programmers' class.

----
All our Python courses are hands-on with short lectures, and lots of
exercises where we study the solutions after some lab time.

Questions are always welcome; discussion and pair-programming are encouraged.

Please come, and send students!

---

And, the first quarter of the professional course is available for $20 at
Udemy.Com!  I'm so busy that I can't say when the rest of the course will
be there, but I'm working on it.

https://www.udemy.com/pythonic-python-part-i-the-basics/

I hope you find one of these classes useful to your schedule and your taste.

Marilyn Davis