[pyOpenSSL] CVS Access

Martin Sjögren md9ms at mdstud.chalmers.se
Sat Aug 17 10:06:38 CEST 2002

fre 2002-08-16 klockan 22.43 skrev Mihai Ibanescu:
> On 16 Aug 2002, Martin Sjögren wrote:
>
> > fre 2002-08-16 klockan 20.09 skrev Mihai Ibanescu:
> > > It looks like pyOpenSSL does not run on 1.5.2 anymore. From a quick check:
> > >
> > > PySequence_Fast (can be worked around with PySequence_Tuple) - in
> > > src/crypto/x509req.c
> > > PyObject_AsFileDescriptor (not in 1.5.2) - in src/ssl/connection.c
> > >
> > > I know, 1.5.2 is old :-)
> >
> > I *meant* to support 1.5. And I noticed this too, but too late. It's
> > fixed in current CVS, and will be part of the 0.5.1 "heh, oops" release
> > ;)
> >
> > This is a case of bad testing, and is really a wake-up call that I
> > should do an RC before a real release next time ;)
>
> I'd be happy to QA the CVS version. Probably next week.
> Any idea about the 0.5.1 timeframe? :-) Sort of too early to ask.

Thanks for the offer!

If you can QA it next week, "after that" is the best estimate I can give
right now ;) I've got a patch for PKCS12 support from Mark Welch that
didn't make it into 0.5 that I want to put in 0.5.1 too, so I will try
to do that asap. Hmm, if I can release it next weekend, that'd be good,
it's kinda sloppy to have a broken version out for too long. :/

Seeing as the freshmen come to the university on Monday, my next two
weeks will probably be spent in a happy beer-haze *cough* but I will try
to get *some* work done :)

Regards,
Martin