[pyOpenSSL] DLL load failed.

patrick flaherty patf at well.com
Mon Apr 20 22:39:47 CEST 2009

I was /assuming/ that the import problem was the last of the four
modules - tsafe - since I could see that the other
3 pyd files were visibly there.  And as I looked for tsafe last Friday,
I didn't find it.

But as I look more today, yes, tsafe.py/pyc is in place as well.

I seem to be having problems with finding any of these modules (upon
import that is).  I've tried many variants (of reconfiguring things in
various ways), but
I keep getting:

L:\MyID\Python\pyOpenSSL\examples>mk_simple_certs.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "L:\pf\Python\pyOpenSSL\examples\mk_simple_certs.py", line 5, in
<module>

    from OpenSSL import crypto
  File "c:\python26\Lib\site-packages\OpenSSL\__init__.py", line 8, in
<module>
    import SSL, crypto, rand, tsafe

L:\MyID\Python\pyOpenSSL\examples>

Needless to say, I've googled the error message - get many hits.  Have
tried several of the solutions that I thought might be candidates, but
mk_simple_certs.py so far refuses to cooperate.

pat