[pyOpenSSL-Users] pyOpenSSL 0.13.1

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Sep 4 18:07:27 CEST 2013

Hello all,

Please be advised that pyOpenSSL 0.13.1 has now been released.  This is
a security and bugfix-only release.  It includes two changes authored by
Christian Heimes.

In all prior releases, the string formatting of subjectAltName
X509Extension instances incorrectly truncated fields of the name when
encountering NUL.  String formatting of this extension will now include
the NUL byte (escaped) and any following bytes.

Additionally, a bug causing memory to be leaked for each call to
X509.get_extension has been fixed.

You can find the new release on the PyPI project page:

   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyOpenSSL

Due to technical difficulties, Windows MSI installers for the package
are not available.  These installers may be added later if I can figure
out how to convince PyPI to allow me to upload them.

Jean-Paul