[pypy-svn] r44890 - pypy/extradoc/talk/ep2007/howtoeu
hpk at codespeak.net
hpk at codespeak.net
Tue Jul 10 07:56:35 CEST 2007
Date: Tue Jul 10 07:56:33 2007
New Revision: 44890
refinements, resolving XXX
--- pypy/extradoc/talk/ep2007/howtoeu/howtoeu.txt (original)
+++ pypy/extradoc/talk/ep2007/howtoeu/howtoeu.txt Tue Jul 10 07:56:33 2007
@@ -17,7 +17,7 @@
- have participated and contributed to the PyPy EU project
- discuss *open source* research projects
- (skip IPR issues more or less completely)
+- skip "Intellectucal Property" issues
EU Framework Research Programme
@@ -27,12 +27,12 @@
- FP7 spends some 20.000.000.000 Euro in 7 years
- regularly publishes Work Programmes and Topics
- puts out CALLS for Proposals
-- we mainly try to discuss FP7 (a few changes from FP6)
+- we mainly discuss FP7 (only few changes from FP6)
-- vision / idea?
+- visions / ideas?
- reading Work programmes / CALL topics
- finding people to collaborate
- finding a set of organisations
@@ -41,9 +41,9 @@
-- core research objective(s)
+- formulate core research objective(s)
(state of the art & how the project aims beyond)
-- core technical objectives?
+- formulate core technical objectives?
- core other objectives? (methodological/social)
can you summarize it on one page?
@@ -56,7 +56,7 @@
- management structures
- work plan in long form
- detailed description of work packages
+- Project duration, budget?
@@ -81,13 +81,9 @@
- answer to CALLS within stated deadline
- co-ordinator registers project and proposal
-XXX (lene) co-ordinator or EU-officer?
- proposals gets reviewed by *independent* experts
- proposals receive points (PyPy had 26 out of 30)
- Invitation to "negotiation"
-- Project duration?
@@ -103,10 +99,14 @@
- Small/Medium Companies (SME) receive 75% funding of costs
- actual or 20% flat administrative overheads accountable
Signing the contract?
-XXX (lene) i do not understand this slide
+signature of the (negotiated) contract:
+- is legally binding for all contractors and the EU
+- afterwards the EU does pre-payments (40-80%)
+- the consortium can ask for amendments later
@@ -128,16 +128,16 @@
Meetings and Sprints
-- sprints are the rhythm of the project
-- plan for core and for newcomer-friendly sprints
-- integrate a model for funding contributors!
+- sprints provide the rhythm of the project
+- plan for core for newcomer-friendly sprints
+- integrate a model for funding new contributors!
Contractual and actual developments
- Contract implies a 'plan' for the development
- Project may evolve into other directions
-- checkpoints for assessing the work package status
+- do checkpoints for assessing the work package status
Planning for changes
@@ -151,7 +151,7 @@
- interim reviews each 12-18 months
-- Deliverables: Reports, Releases etc.
+- Deliverables are: Reports, Releases etc.
- official submission of Reports/Documentation to EU
@@ -183,13 +183,6 @@
Changes from FP6 to FP7
-XXX (lene) not sure if this slide is necessary, most
-changes are only interesting for those who
-participated in FP6, and that are not many of the
-audience. keeping the statements vague, as i only looked up
-a summary page:
- apparently FP7 improves some regulations that PyPy found burdonsome
- less collective financial responsibility
@@ -202,4 +195,8 @@
- build the project on a shared vision and shared interest
- don't build it on money (too much)
+- get into contact with national support offices!
+- use the national and EU help infrastructure!
More information about the Pypy-commit