[pypy-dev] Re: found -- place to hold Sprint before EuroPython

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Mon Apr 28 15:35:13 CEST 2003

On Monday 28 April 2003 15.01, Laura Creighton wrote:
> Leuven University. http://www.leuven.com/index_en.html
> 35 km from the airport.
>
> More exact details about housing/food as I get them.
> Thanks to Tom Deprez, EuroPython organiser, whose university this
> is and who set all of this up.  Even if he cannot Sprint we us,
> we all owe him beer.

There is a brand new Youth Hostel in Leuven, expected to open in May 2003.
For those who need cheap accomodation, this should be good news.
http://www.vjh.be/E/news.htm
http://www.youthhostels.be/E/SL-home.htm

I visited Leuven in 1997 and I found it to be a very charming town. I stayed
at a good and reasonably cheap hotel close to the town centre. I expect that
it would be 20-30 minutes walk from the main parts of the university, though
if I remember correctly, the university is more or less all over town. Apart
from being a university town, Leuven also has one of the biggest breweries in
Europe.

Jacob