[pypy-dev] Sprint in Berlin, 31.9. - 6/7.10.2003

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Mon Aug 11 08:52:08 CEST 2003

Hello everybody and hello Tomek,

[Tomek Meka Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 01:26:53AM +0200]
> Now we have it! Thanks to the DG 2 FIRM (http://www.dg2.de/) we have 2
> rooms, each 25 sqm, in the centre of Berlin, Ackerstr. 3a (Mitte). There
> are many cafes there, a university cafeteria is about ten minutes walk
> from there. There is also a cheap, clean hotel close-by (about 16 euros
> per night). I'll post you more details this week.

Cool.

> It is also possible,
> that we (Christian and I) find free accomodation by our friends. Holger,
> could we arrange a wiki-page, so that everybody, who is coming to the
> sprint, could post up, when he/she is arriving, what is the flight
> number, phone number (mobile)?

Btw, the sprint is supposed to take place from

    29th of September till 4th of October  2003

and it's always nice to arrive a day earlier (on a sunday) so we can
start monday morning.

Here is a wiki page where all participants can fill in their details
or add themselves:

    http://codespeak.net/moin/pypy/moin.cgi/SprintAttendants

I already filled in the names of the people who signaled me
that they want to come (6 people so far).

Besides we have our traditional pypy-sprint list where organisational
details will be communicated. You can subscribe here if you are
interested to participate in the Berlin Sprint:

By the end of this week, I will unsubscribe anybody from
the sprint-mailing list until i get notice or see the name
in the wiki-page.

I suggest, that beginning of next week we make a wider announcement
once Tomek and Christian have sorted out the details and
we have more info on the website.

As to what might be the themes of the sprint: integrating
parser and compiler technology into pypy and translating PyPy
into Pyrex or C.  Plus lots of other tasks :-)

> Bye for today!
> Tomek

cheers,

    holger