[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] rev 2280 - in pypy/trunk/src/pypy: annotationappspace module module/test

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Tue Dec 2 17:20:53 CET 2003

Armin Rigo wrote:

>Hello Rocco,
>
>On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 06:53:13PM +0100, rocco at codespeak.net wrote:
>

>>M      module\__init__.py
>>A      module\itertoolsmodule.py
>>A      module\_sremodule.py
>>A      module\mathmodule.py
>>A      module\_randommodule.py
>>A      module\cStringIOmodule.py
>>
>>Add some missing builtin modules - (Note that these probably should get
>>rewritten at some point when we get a functioning RPython implementation,
>>but for now ...
>>

>Sounds nice, but I can't seem to import them in PyPy?  "import math" or
>"import _random" just fails with an ImportError.  I saw that they are actually
>just wrappers around the CPython modules, but I'd thought they'd be supposed
>to be *working* wrappers...

They both work for me using the (equivalent of) stock 2280 PyPy under
both Trivial and StdObjSpaces.

My Python:
Python 2.3 (#46, Jul 29 2003, 18:54:32) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32 [WinXP]

Can anyone else duplicate Armin's bug?

-Rocco

P.S. I haven't tried actually *using* either the math or _random module,
so there are probably latent bugs in there somewhere, but the import
statement should work at least.