[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] rev 2280 - in pypy/trunk/src/pypy: annotationappspace module module/test

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Dec 3 16:11:48 CET 2003

Hello Rocco,

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 10:20:53AM -0600, Rocco Moretti wrote:
> They both work for me using the (equivalent of) stock 2280 PyPy under
> both Trivial and StdObjSpaces.

I figured it out: 'math' is not in sys.builtin_modules_name in my underlying
CPython interpreter, because it is built as a separate extension module (which
is the case by default, you must have tweaked your CPython installation).

So in mathmodule.py the following line:

    if 'math' in _names:

just returns False. You should probably just try to import math and if you
really want to be nice, catch the (possible but unlikely) ImportError.

A bientot,

Armin.