[pypy-dev] pypy-dev List Summary - 06 Jan 2003 to 31 Jan 2003

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Fri Feb 7 13:04:19 CET 2003

[Armin Rigo Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 02:38:27AM -0800]
> Hello Rocco,
>
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 10:00:45PM -0500, Rocco Moretti wrote:
> > >Reading the summary i noticed that we really have a lot of loose
> > >ends but i am probably not the first one to notice that.
> >
> > Would you (or anyone else, for that matter) mind posting a list
> > to start people thinking/discussing?
>
> I plan to go through Troy's summaries and identify the main ones that either
> reached some conclusion "we should do the thing like that" or leaved several
> such possible conclusions opened.  Then I will make corresponding Wiki pages
> and encourage people to post code snippets and experiments there.  I will
> also gather links to such experiments that have already been posted in
> pypy-dev and put them there.

Cool.  I am too busy organizing these days to seriously do this.

> My motivation is also that I have myself a couple of such experiments that I
> would like to share :-)  bare with me if it reflects my very own point of view
> only -- better yet, add your own pages.  It's a Wiki!

But note, that i'd like the typtical Wiki fate: lots of outdated and badly
maintained pages.  We want to keep this Wiki clean and proper :-)
I have done quite a bit to improve the wiki-experience and hope that
we don't treat it as "just another wiki".

There is lots of room for improvement.  For example we can define Macros
with which we can reference Issues (in the roundup tracker) or directly
reference files in the upcoming repository.  We have a server instance of
subversion running which i am going to test out some more in the next days.

cheers,

    holger