AW: [pypy-dev] multiple isolated VMs in a single process

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Mon Feb 10 21:28:05 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 16:33, Tobias Oberstein wrote:
> [...]

This is a bit off-topic, but I wanted to clarify about ZODB.  ZODB does
allow a multi-threaded application to use multiple database
connections.  Each connection is associated with a thread and gets in
independent / isolated view of the database.  This approach has the
costs you mention -- multiple copies of objects in particular -- but
sharing is a bit cheaper because method calls replace IPC.

Jeremy