[pypy-dev] Is anybody planning to give a talk on PyPy for OSCON?

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Thu Feb 13 22:38:57 CET 2003

In a message of Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:32:30 +0100, holger krekel writes:
>[Laura Creighton Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 08:47:09PM +0100]
>> This is precisely the sort of thing that Nat Tarkington said
>> he wanted for the Python track -- new community efforts, new
>> implementations.
>>
>> Who is going to OSCON here besides me?
>
>I might go but it's impossible to say now.  It's quite
>an expensive and faraway-from-here trip.
>
>Anyway, I am fine with you doing a proposal.  Have the
>people actually doing the presentation to be on the proposal?
>If so then put me on although it's less than 50% that
>i will make it.  And remember: flexibility and simplicity
>first, then performance :-)
>
>    holger

No, anybody can be on the proposal.  We can put the entire membership
of pypy-dev on, for instance.  The person who makes the proposal
doesn't have to be the person or persons who make the paper, or even
that does the presenting.  The only thing is the deadline for the
proposal is Feb 15th, and what I need is for it to be ok with people
here that if I make one, and if it gets accepted, that some paper will
happen which Jacob or I could present.  Other people are, of course,
welcome to do the presenting, if they are attending.

Laura