[pypy-dev] Scons?

Bram Moolenaar Bram at moolenaar.net
Fri Feb 14 10:42:59 CET 2003

Holger -

> > Like SCons, A-A-P is in an alpha stage.  SCons has more support for
> > compilers and languages.  A-A-P has support for uploading, downloading
> > and CVS.  I'm currently working on a GUI IDE for A-A-P.
>
> I guess a GUI is not of primary importance to us but i am not
> sure if the number compilers and languages is important.  We'll
> try to go with subversion but a-a-p (what a name, btw :-) could
> certainly be adapted to it.

If I'm not mistaking then subversion is similar to CVS (no locking).  It
should not be difficult to take the CVS support implementation and
adjust it for subversion.   It just requires someone that knows
subversion to implement this.

> > Most info can be found on the web site:  http://www.A-A-P.org/
> > Have a look at the examples: http://www.A-A-P.org/examples.html
> > Ask me if you have further questions.
>
> Nice website, especially your tools collection!  And a-a-p also
> seems to have an advantage regarding documentation.
>
> I give both projects a closer look although i probably like
> to work with SCons first because i know it somewhat and don't
> care about makefile syntax too much.  But this also depends on the
> people attending the Sprint and their preferences.

It's a free choice for free software!

- Bram

234. You started college as a chemistry major, and walk out four years
     later as an Internet provider.

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram at Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///          Creator of Vim - Vi IMproved -- http://www.Vim.org          \\\
\\\              Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///