[pypy-dev] Subversion downtime to implement issue 10

Jens-Uwe Mager jum at anubis.han.de
Mon Feb 24 18:05:11 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 16:18 +0100, holger krekel wrote:

> [Jens-Uwe Mager Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 03:08:59PM +0100]
> > On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 13:09 +0100, Jens-Uwe Mager wrote:
> >
> > > I will take the subversion server down starting at 14:00 local time for
> > > about one hour to implement the following issue:
> > >
> > > http://codespeak.net/issues/pypy/issue10
> > >
> > > This will also move the repository to the data partition, so if you
> > > still have file urls in scripts please make sure that these are changed
> > > to /data/svn for the main repository or /data/test-svn for the personal
> > > and test repositories.
> >
> > OK, the move is completed and what was previously under the URL:
> >
> > http://codespeak.net:8080/svn/pypy/trunk/
> >
> > is now under:
> >
> > http://codespeak.net:8080/svn/trunk/pypy/
>
> Oh.  didn't we want to leave the external url unmodified?
>
> I think it is better to have the old scheme
>
>   /svn/pypy/trunk
>
> persist even with the new storage location.  Otherwise
> different root-level projects would share "trunk" and branches
> and so on which is not a good thing.
>
> (jens-uwe knows this: ) subversion's trunk/branch/tags/vendor
> directories are for convenience only and follow no special rules.
> They are useful when thinking in cvs's terms (which make some sense ,
> of course)
>
> So i am all for having separate hierachies for every project in
> codespeak's subversion repository.

Oops, yes. I forgot that discussion, so I have again shuffled things
around (this time in the repository only) so the old URLs continue to
work.

So you to find the src repository under:

http://codespeak.net:8080/svn/pypy/trunk/

According to our style guidelines I have also created the following
directories:

http://codespeak.net:8080/svn/pypy/branch/

A directory holding branches of the mainline trunk code.

http://codespeak.net:8080/svn/pypy/tag/

A directory holding tagged versions, e.g. releases.

The imported cpython tree lives under:

http://codespeak.net:8080/svn/vendor/cpython/

in particular the directory:

http://codespeak.net:8080/svn/vendor/cpython/current/

corresponds to a recent head of the cpython cvs.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager	<pgp-mailto:F476EBC2>