[pypy-dev] IRC chat

Lalo Martins lalo at laranja.org
Tue Feb 25 12:12:06 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 06:10:35PM +0100, holger krekel wrote:

> > I think the idea of setting up an IRC channel has been mentioned several times
> > here and at the sprint, but as far as I know nothing concrete occurred.  So
> > unless somebody would prefer another server I suggest irc.freenode.net:6667,
> > #pypy.
> i just joined but how do we make this channel permanent?  Armin, if you can
> then please join, so we can discuss this online :-)

It may be that Pypy didn't yet reach the point in development
where my skill and experience may be useful; however, I'm a very
experienced IRC user and works requires that I stay on IRC all
the time I can (and when I'm not, I leave my client connected,
with the nickname "lalo[out]").  Therefore I volunteer to run
the IRC channel.

I took the liberty of registering the channel.  If the project
leaders who want the operator flag would send me their
nicknames, I can set them up with ChanServ.  (But you need to
register your nickname first with NickServ.  Look for me in the
channel if you don't know how to do that.)

            Those who trade freedom for security
               lose both and deserve neither.
http://www.laranja.org/                mailto:lalo at laranja.org
         pgp key: http://www.laranja.org/pessoal/pgp