[pypy-dev] Re: stdobjspace status

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Feb 25 15:04:51 CET 2003

Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> writes:

> The stdobjspace is getting ready to be tested together with the interpreter,
> but is not quite there yet.  If someone (Michael?) can figure out a good
> solution for the END_FINALLY problem, I'd love to hear it.  The problem is
> that in a try:except: block, when we enter the except: part, there are some
> control paths that reach the final END_FINALLY opcode (re-raising the
> exception) and some that don't (caught exception).  It makes it hard to know
> when we must remove from the blockstack the description of the potentially
> re-raisable exception.

Is this the problem that we sometimes push interpreter level objects
onto the applications's stack?  I'm not sure we have much freedom here
unless we fiddle the compiled bytecodes.  But I'm still a little fuzzy
on the issues.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Unfortunately, nigh the whole world is now duped into thinking that
  silly fill-in forms on web pages is the way to do user interfaces.