[pypy-dev] bootstrapping issues

Lalo Martins lalo at laranja.org
Sun Jan 12 14:39:06 CET 2003

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 09:40:11PM +0100, holger krekel wrote:
> For avoiding the need of C-coded system modules
> there is interest to code a generalization of
> the "struct" module which allows *calling* functions at
> the C-level.  This general C-"Extension" will be
> system-dependent.

Someone already mentioned Squeak, which I think is something everyone
involved in this project should take a look at. (http://www.squeak.org/ )

I would also mention Gnu Smalltalk (http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/);
it has the best C-calling-from-interpreter interface I've ever seen.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
            Those who trade freedom for security