[pypy-dev] Intellectual property

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Sun Jan 12 20:57:29 CET 2003

[David Ascher Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 11:27:19AM -0800]
> I'd like to suggest that the issue of intellectual property and license
> be tackled _very_ early.  Anything else is inexcusable IMO =).
>
> Proposal:
>   - all of the minipy IP is assigned to the PSF.
>   - the license is either the PSF license or the Academic Free License
> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/academic.php.
>     (the advangate of the AFL is the patent protection, which I suspect
> may be relevant in this particular implementation).

Why start a flame war that early?  :-)

seriously, i don't think there is reason to deviate here from
the usual PSF license.  If we wanted to integrate a very cool
tool which was GPLed i wouldn't mind too much, though.  It's
functionality might later get rewritten by someone who
cares enough.

Anyway, due to time manipulations the copyright has already
been assigned to the PS