[pypy-dev] Stuff that already exists in Python
Guido van Rossum
guido at python.org
Mon Jan 13 03:37:23 CET 2003
Off the top of my head, there's quite a bit of Python that has been
reimplemented in Python available already:
- Nearly all the import machinery (less the new PEP 302 stuff) is
implemented in ihooks.py.
- Command line reading is in code.py and codeop.py
- A bytecode compiler is in the compiler package
- A re-based tokenizer is in tokenize.py
- I think that a Python implementation of marshal is (or was) part of
Jython; I vaguely recall writing one when Jython was young
The parser (needed by the bytecode compiler) is missing, but it's not
particularly difficult to write.
Not sure if this helps, but it's all I can contribute right now.
--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)
More information about the Pypy-dev