[pypy-dev] Re: [ann] Minimal Python project

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jan 16 15:06:10 CET 2003

"Samuele Pedroni" <pedronis at bluewin.ch> writes:

> integer in the range [-2**30,2**30-1] would be represented by their bit
> patterns shifted left by 1 bit
>
> all other objects would be boxed, and the address left shifted by 1 and ORed
> with 1.

I seem to recall someone tried that with python quite recently and
found it was a pessimization (search python-dev, I guess).

I'm not sure that's what Paul meant, though.

Cheers,
M.

--
  ZAPHOD:  Listen three eyes, don't try to outwierd me, I get stranger
           things than you free with my breakfast cereal.