[pypy-dev] Sprint dates

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Wed Jan 22 01:19:08 CET 2003

[Armin Rigo Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 01:25:43PM -0800]
> Hello everybody,
>
> If we are running for a February sprint, we should fix the dates now.  I've no
> preference myself in February, but cannot free myself during the first week of
> March.
>
> I remember Christian suggesting dates but I seem to have lost them
> somewhere...

it was me and the time range was a week between 17th and 27th of
February.  Originally, we wanted to agree on the exact date at the
Berlin Python Meeting next weekend.  Also because there will be at
least four people   present (Christian Tismer, Jens-Uwe Mager,
Dinu Gherman and me) who plan to attend the sprint.

But we can try to fix it now.

I'll propose 17th to 23rd of February.  For this time we could
have a big room (100 square meters), two beamers for evening
presentations and reports, and a kitchen at our disposal.
Not to forget a good internet connection.  There is also
some forest where you can walk out and one piano.

For people who don't want or can't spend enough money for
external rooms i can arrange something but it will not
be luxurious.  The sprint will take place in this house:

    http://www.trillke.net/images/trillke_schnee.png

which is situated in Hildesheim, 30km away from Hannover
(kind of central germany, 200km south of Hamburg, 250 west
of Berlin).

There is no company behind this offer of organizing
the sprint.  But it is related to the 'codespeak' effort
which focuses on free software development [1].  There is
no commercial intention whatsoever execept, of course,
meeting people like the ones on this list (yes, you,
dear reader :-) may bring up opportunities in the
longer run.

Armin, is this concrete enough and fine with you?

regards,

    holger

[1] please don't ask me yet what *exactly* codespeak is.
    For one, it's a site which Jens-Uwe and me collaboratively
    develop to support/host free software projects.
    Two, it is also a lot of fun to work with brilliant
    people who themselves perform "codespeak". It's not
    a "sourceforge" which is too sweaty, anyway :-)