ctypes news (was Re: [pypy-dev] __builtin__ module)

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Jan 24 15:41:42 CET 2003

holger krekel <hpk at trillke.net> writes:

> Anyway, I would try very hard to express all the builtins in python.
> And i see Thomas Heller's ctypes approach as a way to make
> this possible.

So do I ;-) ;-), although I'm have no idea where to begin.
Construct a new Python type by assembling the type structure
completely as a ctypes type?

-----

Here are some news on ctypes:

Development has has moved to SF: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ctypes.

New web pages (but not much new content)

I'm actively working on it right now: writing tests to shake out all
the little bugs (there are lots of them, although noone has complained
about them), and fixing them on the fly.
I think I'm halfway through the fixing.

In case someone cares, I've already rewritten the argument conversion
stuff, which was a rather large change.

libffi is well integrated. I'm routinely running the tests under Linux
and Windows 2000 always. Just van Rossum has submitted a patch to make
it work under MacOS X also.

If someone wants to read the code, best would be to retrieve it with
anon CVS.

There's a mailing list now, although I'm currently the only subscriber.
I'm not sure it will be useful, I created it just in case.

Thomas