ctypes news (was Re: [pypy-dev] __builtin__ module)

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Mon Jan 27 22:00:08 CET 2003

holger krekel <hpk at trillke.net> writes:

> > Here are some news on ctypes:
> >
> > Development has has moved to SF: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ctypes.
>
> Thomas, can you imagine the forthcoming pypy-repository and your ctypes-repo
> to merge at some point?  CTypes would of course still have its own directory
> and could be separately tagged etc.
>
> Here, I am already thinking about how we can actually
> manage our upcoming coding at the Sprint.  I think that
> having "everything neccessary" in one repo would be quite
> convenient.

Why not (if ctypes is really that important for pypy)?

We can always merge later again, keep a forked ctypes,
or whatever.

OTOH, I only have a very vague impression how ctypes could help pypy,
except for maybe bootstrapping, or accessing a small core implemented in
C. And for this, ctypes should be fine already, and, if it's not
I would like to merge your patches in.

Thomas