[pypy-dev] another website update (design-wise)

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Fri Jul 25 08:32:20 CEST 2003

Hello Laura,

[Laura Creighton Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 11:40:28PM +0200]
> I think things look a lot better, but doc end ups looking like a flat
> namespace, which it isn't.  As we add things the left hand side begins
> to to be already too long.  I think we need two things.  First of all, we
> need a 'suggested order in which to read the docs' and secondly, we
> need an short discription of the document so that people who want to
> just read a few documents don't have to browse the lot.

Our documents generally need some overhaul and i hope that their visibility
helps this point.  I think that by the time we can make the lhs-navigation
part into a tree-like (with open/close of subtrees) structure.  But
right now flat seems to be better than nested imho.

> The lhs clickables are written in a font that has serifs.  The rhs,
> and the docs themselves are written in a serif-less font.  I would prefer
> a serif font for papers, but not enough to kick up a fuss.  Is this the
> sort of thing which one can specify using ones own browser, or is this
> something which is set from codespeak?  Just curious.

This is set from the CSS and i just modified it to your suggestion.

> Some of us have some nice slides of us working, et al.  Should we put those
> in?

Yes, please.  They won't be shown automatically because they are probably not
text-files, though.  Maybe by time we should put the "most recently
modified" list on the lhs and make an annotated tree-like overview in the
doc-main screen (including non-text files)?

cheers,

    holger